JSEL and the Berkman Center for Internet & Society at Harvard University are pleased to announce a Call for Papers in connection with the Berklee College of Music’s upcoming conference, Rethink Music: Creativity, Commerce and Policy in the 21st Century.
We are constantly monitoring the world of sports and entertainment law. Below is a selection of online journals and websites dedicated to sports and entertainment law. Know of a site not featured here? Let us know about it.
The Hollywood Reporter, Esq.
- Warner Bros. Wraps 'Smallville' Lawsuit By Settling with Writers
- Warner Bros. Wins Lawsuit Over Fictional Technology in 'Dark Knight Rises'
- WWE Can't Escape Copyright Lawsuit Over Wrestler Entrance Music
- Judge Denies Copyright Class Action Against YouTube
- Kim Dotcom Case to Be Reviewed By New Zealand's Supreme Court
The Sports Law Blog
- Warren Zola article in Boston Globe Magazine
- "Pros or Cons" Thoughts For The Modern "Sports Attorney" – Part V
- Sports Illustrated: The 15 Most Influential Sports Agents
- "Pros or Cons" Thoughts For The Modern "Sports Attorney" – Part IV
- Ending home-game blackouts?
The Latest Sports Law News
- Government moves to push through match-fixing legislation in a bid to crack down on betting syndicates and regulate gambling in all sports
- India mulls spot-fixing law after arrests
- Ohio bill would fix errors in sports safety law
- Kapil Sibal proposes law to control fixing, other illegal activities in sports
- Leeds Carnegie star swaps rugby for law
The Latest Entertainment Law News
- AEG lawyer revises testimony, tells jury director of Jackson’s tour had full contract
- OJ Simpson lawyers say they’re confident he is closer to freedom
- 1948 law on entertainment biz too strict on dance clubs: lawmakers
- Charismatic Las Vegas Mob Lawyer Mayor Pens Memoir
- Former Lawyer Says OJ Simpson Knew About Guns